Friday, August 22, 2008

All I Ask






Friday of IMC 26 race week. Another great expo day. (Kurt above demos the IM OZ RCV to a potential CTer) This race is so popular, so emotional, so perfect (but please remember folks, that a perfect 10 CT Legs has yet to be awarded) that it is almost impossible NOT to sing in perfect pitch to the tri choir. Saw some old and dear friends, Ed Wong who has done (sit down please) ALL 26 IMCs, Matt Reynolds, whom I interviewed on an Hawaiian Airlines flight one year for an hour only to lose the tape when my camera was stolen in Kona), Fletch Newland, who has found a match for his considerable talents as the West Coast sales rep for Cervelo, and Suzanne Nowliss, my favorite all time gal triathlete, who was proudly sporting a HUGE diamond engagement ring, (see photo). SN is one of four people to have appeared in the lyrics of one of my triathlon songs, in this case the infamous "Snoqualamie to Siskayou" from Northwest Triathlon 2003: Tips. She is world class. When I get back to the studio on Tuesday I'll post the lyrics and maybe even a clip if I have the render time. Now that I'm thinking about it, where the heck is Michael Blue?????

I gotta add a couple of political notes here. And this needs exposition upon return.

I could care less what my choice for POTUS thinks about:
Abortion
Same sex marriage
Estate tax
Lapel pins
Health care
NAFTA
Music
God
Fanny Mae
Rush Limbaugh
GWB
PG-13
Ludacris
Jackson Browne
Pot
Coffee
Light sweet crude

Because the choice in all of the above is with me. I will decide for myself, and take care of myself, and be responsible to myself for my choices therein. I don't need nor do I want, somebody (even the POTUS) to tell me what I can or cannot think. I mean seriously folks, if I REALLY want to go gay, smoke herb and praise Allah, I will, legal or otherwise. SO STOP WASTING SO MUCH TIME PANDERING TO THE DEMOGRAPHIC YOU THINK WILL GET YOU THE VOTE. I want someone who will:

Think outside the box
Put the planet ahead of profit and exploitation
Put people ahead of pals, the common before the crony
Tell the fucking truth
Not get drunk on hubris and power
Be flexible
Inspire
Lead by example
Piss off the Petite bourgeoisie
Rock the boat
Walk the walk
Do the right thing (no matter what).

That's all I ask.

No comments: