Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tips



Ran into Darcy this afternoon at Wal-Mart. (There I said it--and yes, more on this later). Hadn't seen her for at least two years, since the Gym changed hands and she and Loretta and Renea moved down the street. She is so nice, personable and honest. We had a great chat at the end of the detergent aisle. She asked about my relationships and for once I was able to muster the eloquence to sum it all up somewhat poetically. And she mentioned TIPS, the movie that I casted her in while she was preggers with Carson who is now 5. THAT was five years ago? So I dug up the trailer and posted it for your review. Darcy plays the waitress. The customer is Jayne Russell, who passed away last year from cancer. She was one classy lady. Tips is one of my favorite children (all movies are our kids, some good, some not-so-good). My buddy Jim Major from the Big Island wrote and recorded the soundtrack, a song he wrote for NBCs 2003 Ironman production. They never used it, so I did. It's called Cadence. So here's to Darcy and Jayne and Jim. I feel better just talkin' about 'em. You can find Jim at www.jimmajor.com, Darcy at Island Fitness and Jayne by going outside and looking up at the stars. And that is my tip for today.

No comments: