Friday, April 25, 2008

St.Pete

Couldn't stand it any longer. On the way back from the Expo I googled the Apple Store in Tampa and swung by to purchase a new data cable so I could upload some photos. Here are a few. Top to bottom and left to right.
  • The patio of the Vinoy Hotel where rooms are $399 tonight and tomorrow. My room at the Days Inn is $59.
  • Florida Freddie showing off his Mini-Cooper and all its triathlon friendly features. Say that fast.
  • Swim leg is 1500 meters. Our friend here is planning on having the best seat in the house come Sunday morning.
  • The swim start at Spa Beach. It'll look a bit different when 4,800 line up Sunday.



Oh, and BTW (use of caps intended) I ran into Spencer Smith at the Expo and had a great chat. Some highlights:

RCVman: You are looking fit my friend.
SS: I am feeling as good as ever since the crash.
RCV: That was 2005?
SS: Yes, but sometimes at night it feels like yesterday.
RCV: You're not racing Sunday?
SS: No, I am doing Gulf Coast, Ireland and UK 70.3
RCV: Ireland?
SS: Yeah, a brand new event, already up to 1,500 or so.
RCV: Wow. You're still on a Planet X?
SS: Oh yeah, sweetest ride around.
RCV: Riding CompuTrainer?
SS: Just hill repeats for power. No RCV mate.
RCV: It's OK, I understand.
SS: But I think it's a great idea.
RCV: Would you say that on videotape?
SS: Absolutely.
RCV: Shall we say tomorrow at ten?
SS: My pleasure.
RCV: Have a great day Spence, see ya tomorrow.
SS: Cheers mate.

God I love this sport.

No comments: