Saturday, April 26, 2008

Preparation






Preparation.

As many of you will remember from yesterday's installment, we had an interview scheduled today with former ITU World Champion Spencer Smith. It was videotaped and as I travel light these days and don't haul around the portable production studio (like the good ol days), you'll just have to wait until I get back to HQ and wrap it around the highlight reel. Because that is what it was, a real highlight. Spence is one heck of a nice guy and a serious monster when it comes to racing and training. He shared several of his secrets with us and I am very much looking forward to creating the piece. So stay tuned for that one.

Weather is supposed to be in the vicinity of perfect for tomorrows main event, 88 degrees and some cloud cover late in the afternoon. We're pretty much set and ready to roll, although all I know at this point is that I HAVE a bike, just don't know any details. My guess is a Gold Wing which is fine, big, comfy and smooth.

A few photos from a long day at the expo where I spelled Adam for a few hours and then hung around for the media work. Even managed to get in my first run since OZ, an easy 32 minute effort along the waterfront. So I might be on my way back. God, I hope so.

Photos: Another shot of the Vinoy, this is the reception area.
Richie of Orbea showing off their top-of-the-line carbon fiber ride, fully loaded at $7,500. Hey, speed costs money (how fast do you want to go?) Justin posing with the kettlebells. More on this later. And lastly Adam at the CT booth. Look at all that advertising for the RCVs will ya? I think we had a good (one day) show.

Early to bed tonight, as wake up call is 0345. First wave goes off at 0650 and I have to dress the Gold Wing an hour before the swim start. Race day, You gotta love it!!!

And keep that word in mind. Preparation. Turn it up. Way up.

No comments: