Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tea

Just in case you happen to be reading this outside of the grater Seattle area, please allow me to briefly editorialize the weekend. I had a nasty virus and spent the bulk of the last three days in the studio rendering RCV video, specifically the Switzerland re-work, and it looks, in my most humble of opinions, very much better. Maybe that is an understatement, it looks freaking' killer. OK, there, I bragged. I wish I was as good with external color correction as I am with HD video, as yesterdays 78 degree spectacular, was replaced rather rudely by the drizzle and grey of today. No matter. The Dalai Lama is in town and making beautiful headlines as he plants the seeds of compassion in the Emerald City. You can actually feel his presence, and since Thursday, even though my lowly abode has become a toxic waste dump as a result of my non-stop tissue blowing, a calm has settled in gloriously from downtown Seattle all the way out here to Bainbridge Island. And with our typical cantankerous weather trends matched with this childish global violent behavior, that is saying a lot. A calm in the storm. Seeds of compassion. World Peace. Non violent revolution. Where have I heard this before? Was it another lifetime, or this past weekend? His Holiness keeps lovingly reminding us that we know all this, we have know it all along and are just not compassionate enough to rise above the easy default trappings of materialism, greed, anger, intolerance and fear. So, what may you rightfully then ask am I going to do to demonstrate that I have heard the song, feel the power and wish to assist in the cultivation of those spiritual seeds? (Editors note: Be very careful here!)

Correct, grasshopper, I am going to have a cup of Lemon Zinger tea. And then,

I am going to sit quietly and give thanks to everyone I have touched.
And everyone who has touched me.
I am going to offer a prayer to those that need one.
And forgive myself (one more time) for my many sins.
I am going to try harder, to do more, better and smarter,
With more attention, compassion and love.

Then I am going to bed. See ya tomorrow, thanks for the tea.

No comments: