Thursday, April 3, 2008

Port Mac


G'dday Mates! This is what I saw on my first walkabout this lovely April morning in Port Macquarie (named after the first Gov'na in 1818.) It is so stunning here that I had to get back to my room (on the jog trail), download the pix and post them for your enjoyment.

All the photos are part of the Ironman venue. Town Beach is the top of the first hill climb out of town, Oxley Beach (footprints) parrallels the run and the painted rocks follow the trail all the way back to the finish. There was free yoga on the beach at sunrise, roadies en masse out hammering, surfers catching some nice little four foot lefts, joggers by the handful and a runrise right out of Hollywood. This place rocks big time.

Wendo and I are going out to do some pre-production scouting this morning. The sun will be an issue for the first leg as the course heads pretty much into the rise, but shooting from a moto will narrow the focus to the riders just ahead of us and in frame, cutting the "panaramic" framing we have shot up to this point, so that is a plus, still, the challenge is to get the dynamics increased and that means color. And lot's of it.

Heaading out for my run, gonna try a 10K along the beach, if back holds up. Wish me luck. All the best.

No comments: