Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day Nineteen. Race indoors.




It is something I have to do.

Part practice, part exploration, part therapy.

These words get tossed out there like al dente vermicelli looking for a landing plate. 

Why, today, are you telling me this? she asked, eyes wide and blue. 

Because it is important that someone understands, to balance with the minions who don't. 

John Lennon never worried about people liking his songs. Or MLK his message.

I am not they. 

Lucky you. 

Further, you don't strike me as someone with a delicate ego. 

Delicate as in sensitive? As in deeply caring what other people think as opposed to the cliche insisting otherwise? About not taking anything personally? About it being just business? About compassion? As in, You may say I'm a dreamer - but I'm not the only one - because the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy?

Imagine. Dream. Write. Race.
Do.

No comments: