Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Mess



After our tasty little ninety minute session in the HoM this fine morning, I have been diligently assembling media for the second AAB video. Arms Around Bainbridge video-spin II will be Thursday night at 6pm. There is still time to join us. It is a $150 donation for the eight week fundraiser. I blend up some video accompaniment (AAB II will feature all local rides and races) and we get in a dynamite hour spin. The inaugural session was a blast with eleven hardy and healthy folks burning serious Kcals for a terrific local, humanitarian cause.

My flirtation with mortality last week caused some rather deep and introspective thinking, some of which I shared this morning. Despite all the physical discomfort and anguish, one thought that I couldn't iron out was the most painful. 

If I was to die today, tomorrow or next week, I would leave behind a legitimate mess. I would be embarrassed to force someone, most likely my dear brother, to have to clean up the trail of carnage I have, however innocently, created. Everybody knows the reasons behind the mess, but the facts are these: It is still a mess, something that I am responsible for, and something that I need to address. And soon. 

It know seems a touch odd today, but last week it was no joke. Even as I try to create some commerce via art, I probably should be on the roof, in the kitchen or near the pizza oven pushing progress or at the very least, a broom. 

Worse is the fact that now I must start all over again to rebuild my running base. As I was dealing with the frustration of ALL THAT, today, I went searching for some pictorial mojo, something that might ignite a spark,  get the juices flowing in the right direction and in the right measure. 

I found these three from IM CdA last year and assembled a little refrigerator flyer to prompt my enthusiasm for tomorrow's monster 5K. And it will be ugly. 

I will do it alone because I do not want to embarrass the entire triathlon community with my slug-like gait. I will seek flow, search for focus and stride towards relaxation, despite the excruciating pressure I feel to reel in some years. 

However, blessed with a second chance (it actually might be the third or fourth by now) I pledge as quickly as possible to return and embody the triumphant triathlete form my former running partner once thought me to portray. 

I will also clean my room. 

Have a great Sunday folks. 

6 comments:

Eric Brian Johnson said...

too much drama for me :) but nice post.

KML5 said...

Sorry about that. It kind of took off in its own direction. Seems it's all drama these days. I had better get used to it I suppose. We should share more beers after more workouts!

FW said...

That is why beer is a perfect recovery beverage.

KML5 said...

Indeed. With the caveat (much like the bumper sticker) reading: More FTP - Less IPA. How was Florida?

FW said...

Mostly overcast with sunshine only the last two days, but an exhausting schedule limited the vitamin D dosage severely. Good to be back.

KML5 said...

If we could engineer a way to bring vitamin D indoors, we'd be on to something.