Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cannot Fail



You know that I am big on this subject. I talk about it a lot and try to illustrate its specific merit at least once per class. Sometimes I get carried away and talk about it for an hour non-stop. In fact you might be tired of hearing me talk about it. 

The subject is failure. And to be perfectly honest, it might be the single area in which I can truly label myself a professional. I am  PRO failer. I have failed at more things than there are things to fail at. I have failed at almost everything. Some of them I have failed at so well, that I have failed at them twice. Some of them I have failed at in ways that actually created additional things to fail at. I am a failure creator!

With that as the backstory, I found it interesting today when three completely different people were quoted on the subject. Three completely different people with three completely different spins on life. From three completely different walks of life. One, a golfer. Two, a writer and three a statesman. How odd. 

So I suppose to be diplomatic and conjugate something par for the course, I will give you their names, and their quotes -- but I won't tell you who said them. 

YOU FIGURE IT OUT. 

First the quotes.

"Success is going from failure to failure with lots of enthusiasm."
"The first draft of anything is shit."
"If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate."

Here are the quotees:


Not to worry about the test.

YOU CANNOT FAIL. Unless you quit. 

No comments: