Saturday, March 10, 2012

Springs Break


Video from last nights action in the HoM. We got to experiment with the handicap format a little more. Team One (Bob & Diane) in the back row, were 19 combined watt underdogs to Team Seven (Tony & Laura). We guestimated that to be worth 60 seconds and allowed T1 a one minute head start. Bob won his second overall of the tournament BUT the combo-output of Team Quick (the team formerly known as Team Seven) was too big an obstacle, despite Diane's furious charge up the final 5% hill and sprint to the finish. Total team-time differential was a puny 30 seconds.


We are back at it this afternoon, with even more variables. It seems that Mimi has come down with the flu and is unable to ride. We are at the point in the tournament where further delays are catastrophic. so I am subbing for her. I will ride at EXACTLY her FTP plus 20 (160) to perfectly match the two teams (195 ftp to 195) and therefore, hopeful, create some interesting racing. I might even wear a wig, who knows.


Great 90 minutes in the same room this morning. I had another opportunity to expand (expound) on a few topics that intrigue me endlessly:


The nature of fatigue, and

how we deal with it.


I think we learned a little something this morning, I know I did.

Trusting the education continues through the afternoon.

When is spring break anyway?

No comments: