As we steamroll into the final week of March (!) it seems a good time for an update on some of the events we are working.
1) We have moved the date of Toe Jam 32, our unofficial running of the classic old half marathon course on Bainbridge Island, from April 7 to April 15. Taxing, but true. Event will start and finish at Bethany Lutheran Church parking. See course at left. Gun sounds at 0800. As in the past when we run it, it's for fun and not for profit, meaning this year's entry fees are again FREE. Here is the course profile and directions from Map My Run.
2) The dates of our Tour of California trip are: Depart Seattle Sunday, May 13 (Mother's Day) drive to San Jose. Follow ToC from San Jose to Livermore on Tuesday, riding best sections pre&post peloton. Wednesday is Sonora to Clovis, same modus operandi, Thursday is TT in Bakersfield. Thursday night I am at El Capitan State Park on 101 about 20 miles North of Santa Barbara for three days while attending the wedding of my nephew. Monday we hook up in Sacramento for the return trip which will include a ride somewhere in Northern California or Eastern Oregon, or both. Start: May 13 - Finish May 21.
3) We are starting a Training with Power class in the HoM. Protocols are: Complete a 20 minute ftp test. Twice a week do 2X20 at 85% of your ftp. Simple, pure, easy to accommodate and designed by the lab coats as best bang for your power buck.
4) The highly anticipated Championship match in our CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Indoor Cycling Tourney, delayed due to mechanical failure last Friday night has officially been rescheduled for the Friday, March 30 @ 1800.
5) I am working semi-feverishly on the Olympics Men's Time Trial video. See top photo of route. We hope to have all the components together and ready for a beta test next week. Anyone wanting to do a trial run on the very course that will determent the fastest TT'ers in the world come this years London venue, simply needs to let me know. I will saddle alongside and see what we got. Or wish we had.
All for today. Questions, comments, advice, correspondence always welcomed. Have a great final week of March.