Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All Good



Woke up to a field of ice this morning. In the pre-dawn stillness, I could smell the chill as frozen rain crackled underfoot and I prepared for the commute downtown. I swung by the library to return The Crossing for the next lucky reader and walked around for five minutes lost in a sparkling-white wonderland. What little light was available cast bluish splashes of texture across the frozen snow. I could see my

breath. The world was clean and pure. I would have loved to stay and watched the sunrise, but duty called with our 0630 spin session only moments away


THIS: Sixty minutes and ten four-minute climbs later, I was back in the cabin taking on additional protein and mugs of steaming joe, prepping for the day's media work. London might be back on the table, the format for the first volume of CycleVidz is now officially done, the second-round course for the CompuTrainer Multi-Rider Madness in March tournament is ready, and I am testing a new prototype camera mount.


THAT: A couple of quick note of congratulation to my pals Simon Ward and Harry Colvin. Simon won his second UK Coach of the Year award from 220 Magazine. Over the decade of our working relationship at CompuTrainer Simon has assisted with my triathlon training immensely. Read more at TheTriathlonCoach.com. Harry won the BAC Biggest Winner competition by losing 31.2lbs (16%) over three six weeks of the program. I gotta believe that his power-to-weight ratio has skyrockets as a result. Way to go Si and Harry!!


THE OTHER: I keep

trying to get at that swim video I mentioned the other day. This in the remote hope that somebody, somewhere, might take a peek and say, "Yo Dude, glide on side and finish each stroke, you're a tuna not a flounder." And this, of course would save me, say, 20 minutes in the water and m

ake my bike split a little less crucial. Because that is what it is right now. If I don't absolutely KILL the

112 IMC bike miles, the run will flat out hurt. Every little bit helps, walking thru the snow to spin, spinning to win and each swim, every run. They add up. This, that and the other.


Lastly today (more of the other), we finally made it to the RacerMate listing of US Multi-Rider Centers. Anyone in or around our location can now access us from the CompuTrainer website.


Where you can: Burn some serious cals (>20), follow a detailed and professionally designed Ironman training plan, drop thirty pounds, or race on a custom course. This, that or the other.


All good.


Pics: Simon and Julie Dibens in Kona, Harry at the BAC and the BI Library gate at 0615 today. Todo bueno.


No comments: