Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Start-ups




Ah, start-ups. Much like spending a long, frigid winter indoors on the trainer, the slightest scent of spring reminds us of new beginnings. New ops. Goals that will be continually chased. Fresh vegetables from the garden and repairs to infrastructure weathered over the years, in need of attention. I like starting new projects. And to be honest I wish I was better at finishing them, but hey, everyone has an Achilles heel. I'll work on that.

Running simultaneously with the on-going saga of my personal training, testing and racing, is the value and rewards accrued from assisting others in achieving their goals. I like that a lot too. It keeps me fresh and always looking at the big picture. It is also fun, another high priority item 'round here.

The big picture now contains two new projects that have been simmering on the back burner for a while. I have long maintained that to accomplish an objective one needs the rare combination of time, funding and inspiration. Normally I have two of three. Still do, but armed with an LOC, we are going to belly up to the felt table and roll the laughing bones one more time.

Start up One: Super insulated, small and efficient 800 sq. ft. out-building with primary initial use as assisted senior living unit. As the seniors in question have yet to approve of the plan (and they might not) I will leave it with the clue that they are related.

Start up Two: The Cyclevidz.com website is rocking 'n rollin along. Still under construction (or I would have linked it) the iPad app is in full on production mode and I have been rolling videos 24/7 for three weeks now to build the initial library. We are in negotiations with investors and have a handful of sponsors, partners and advertisers expressing varying degrees of interest. Very exciting stuff sure to make RCVman headlines often in the upcoming weeks.

The big picture synergy with these two makes it a full, yet efficient, schedule; Construction 50 feet from my kitchen while videos render like magic in the new studio. In between we spin at the BAC and run in the park.

Let's get it started. An early spring seems to have sprung and I like it.

Pic: Site prep has begun in the space where the new space will soon grow.

2 comments:

Stephanie Rohl said...

Things are definitely going your way! Continued prayers for everything to work out in the app department.
It's always a good feeling to do something for others, of which you are constantly doing. Good on ya! Finish those projects and don't roll the bones!

KML5 said...

Thank you Ms Rohl. I'll gladly take all the prayers I can get. I am afraid that some of the projects, alas, will never be done. I will keep trying, rest assured.