Monday, January 24, 2011

1,2,3,4


Today was the day in 1935 that the first can of beer was sold in the US. And it wasn't to me. Dang. I have, however, over the many years since 1967 when I quaffed my initial Coors, purchased probably more beer than milk. Which isn't a fair comparison because I quit drinking milk in 1971, but you get the idea. This becomes our lead story today as I have officially just seven days before we begin yet another test in the world famous RCVman labs. This time the dreaded no-beer February.

You will recall that our humble lab rat dropped a whopping 5 pounds as a result of December's no-bread diet (NBD). Further, after this mornings wild romp through the hills and dales of the BAC Studio Cycling Center, known affectionately as the House of Mirth to the enlightened among you, we checked in at 158, DOWN ANOTHER 5 FROM JANUARY 1. More, I can now all but guarantee that it is fat vice muscle, as validated by my run times, HR, and cycling time trials.

The RCVman is one happy camper. I wish there was a 70.3 somewhere close this weekend with an RD that owes me a comp! I am ready to rumble, Rock!

But wait, there's more. What if I can drop another 5 pounds of 3.2% fat I have been keeping in cold storage since High School? AND add some muscle (as speed) over 28 days? How fast could I then traverse the start and finish-line dots?

Can't wait to find out. And there is only one way:

Do it.

So we'll have a little get together somewhere Sunday night to launch the 28 day fast, hoist one last Guinness and then get back to work. Please RSVP via the comments function below if you would like to attend. Better act fast because seats are limited.

Our second story is the passing of one of the true legends of our industry, Mr. Jack LaLanne. Jack was 96, and pioneered two "ahead of their time" elements that contribute to good health, fitness and happiness, he said all you needed is regular exercise and a proper diet. If anyone out there is still convinced that you need money, power, property, cars, time, expensive equipment or anything else to in order to stay fit, you might be in denial.

Lastly is this story on Soloflex, and its creator, the colorful Jerry Wilson. Jerry said all you need are three things: "Knowledge, desire, and the right equipment."

My one: No beer for 28 days.
Jack's two: Regular exercise and a proper diet.
Jerry's three: Knowledge, desire and the right gear.

What four: You.

Cheers.

6 comments:

ej said...

just get the flu like I had over the past few weeks plus, eat and drink as much as you want ---- no problem.

KML5 said...

DUDE! We were going to send a posse out after your carcass. Sorry to hear bug is lingering. Yes, that is one way to do it. Heal up and get back to the HoM asap.

ej said...

ah yes, the house of money

KML5 said...

Pure gold!

Stephanie Rohl said...

Steve and I are in. De tails to follow?

KML5 said...

Let's go to that joint where April toils? They got cold ones? 5p?