Friday, January 14, 2011

About to POP?



Cave Houses I dig.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuess.

“Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open.” Alexander Graham Bell

The reappearance of a pattern is often a sign that we have come full circle and we are close to a new level of mastery. Daily Om

Plenty of groovy links today. Here was my free-form association thinking thread to get to here:

Housing. Big issue. More foreclosures this year than last. We need to look to the alternative. My power bill was double what it was this time last year, and I was without power for four of the 31 days due to lines being downed as a result of snowstorms, and in Mexico with everything OFF for another eight. That means I used zero juice for 12 of the 31, 38% of the time and the bill still doubled????? Shocking.

Secondly, as I watched The Unforgiven for the tenth time last night, I had to LOL at the Gene Hackman character (Little Bill) whose sub-plot "skill" as a carpenter was played up perfect. The scene where he is talking to the biographer about his gunslinging (yet law-abiding) former days while the jail roof is leaking into several buckets is hysterical. Even to those of us with leaky roofs.

As I have been without running water since Thanksgiving (don't ask) someone wisecracked that I should change my handle to Cave-man. As much as they meant it as a friendly trash-talk, semi-slam (after all we are civilized) I took it more as a compliment. Leading to the cave dwelling link. Two additional items on this and I'll let you go, 1) If I could figure out a way to get off the grid with the same trade-outs as with water, it would be done in less than a heart-beat, and, 2) I like the combination of ideas here, alternative housing, doors opening, full circles, smiles of acceptance and gratitude.

Is something about to POP?

A closed large-mouth door outside Rome. Hilltop Monastery in France. The Caveman is OPEN to alternative points of view.

No comments: