Saturday, July 24, 2010

Run 4 Pie



Quick one today as summer sun is shining and we have six tons of work to get done before it starts to snow.

Ever caught yourself saying, "I have ALWAYS wanted to do that?"

Something I have been considering for a while now will get tested tomorrow. Conversely and ironically it is under the heading of, "I have NEVER wanted to do that."

Somewhere between those extremes comes this (perhaps a first):

As the sign indicates, we are 13 miles from Poulsbo (and the nearest Home Depot).
That sign kills me every time I pass. It screams, "HALFWAY."

You may know where I am going with this.

You may also know that I love pie. Sluys Bakery in Poulsbo bakes 'em the old fashioned Norwegian way. So I stopped by on my way home this morning to get a strawberry-rhubarb sugar mountain as motivation and reward for:

Running from the ferry terminal in Winslow to this sign and back. The old 305 out 'n back. I am not concerned about the .2. 26 tomorrow will be enough to warrant a slice or two of this delicious local pastry.

Start time is 0600 at the cop shop. Should be little traffic and I will put out one of my big Gatorade jugs at North side of the bridge for H2o. All comers are welcome. No fee, no timer, no t-shirt.

Pie is on me.

No comments: