Friday, July 23, 2010

Could Happen


It COULD happen….

One of the many reasons we (according to i) find so much drama, entertainment, solace and inspiration in sports is that nothing is guaranteed. Be they team or individual. You still have to go out and prove it. It being one game, a season, one race or one hard workout.

There exists, not matter what Vegas says, or perhaps because of it, the possibility that on any given day, a serious long-shot underdog will emerge from the toils of the event, victorious.

It could happen.

Joe Willie's NY Jets, the Miracle Mets did it.
The Seahawks could win the Super Bowl.
I could win anther triathlon before I die.
The Huskies could win another Rose Bowl.
Tiger Woods could go into acting or politics.
Lindsey Corbin could comment on my blog.
Could happen.

Every one of those "coulds" are pretty much out of our individual control. Even the one regarding Ms Corbin. Why don't we simply focus on the things that we can control and let the oddsmakers set the over-under? For instance….

I will enter an event (as motivation).
I will train consistently and diligently to be as ready as I can for said event.
I will eat properly and recover sufficiently.
I will manage my stress.
I will enjoy the process.
I will use the results from the aforementioned event as further motivation to continually improve in every area.
And repeat the process.
I will commit to this healthy life style and do what needs to be done.
I will not let the odds against detour my focus.

And I will respond back to the winner of IM CdA if she writes with Big Montana congratulations. Photo is of Lindsey from Wildflower, her favorite course (and mine) and the latest RCV release from CompuTrainer.

IT COULD HAPPEN.

All of it.

No comments: