Thursday, July 1, 2010

DCCC


A milestone of sorts. This is the 800th blog posting for the RCVman site. Not to be outdone by those hackers over at NFL properties, that would be DCCC in Roman Numeral Super Bowl speak.

DCCC.

So I though it would be appropriate to use this special occasion to provide you (the VBA) with a primer on the Super Bowl of Cycling, the 97th Tour De France, which begins in Rotterdam on Saturday. I know, I know, you are thinking, why aren't YOU there filming all this world-class cycling action Mr. Big Shot video guy?

Fact is, I am in Seattle (or an island suburb thereof), because I was painfully unsuccessful in compiling the proper combination of sponsorship, accreditation, financing, accommodation, and support. I tried. And will continue to do so until I get to the top of the Alp d'Huez on the day of that stage. But unless I get a call in the next 24 hours or so, that will not happen this year. Sorry to disappoint.

None the less, here is some background info on this little race for your enjoyment and reading entertainment.

Le Tour.

The Eight.

The Top 25 TdF Riders of All-Time.

The jersey colors.


Please note that only eight riders are Americans, and one, Tyler Farrar (photo) is a Washingtonian. Ya gotta like that.

All for today. DCCC, and counting.

3 comments:

ej said...

tyler is supposed to beat cavendish, stage 1, watching it right now.

ej said...

wow, about 150 riders crashed together about 50 meters out. Pitachi won.

KML5 said...

Check this out from Google (natch)
http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/mytrackstour/