Wednesday, June 3, 2009

37 in 86

Other than the Husky Women winning the NCAA National Championship in softball (big woof!), Osama berating Obama for having a sit down in Cairo, and the weather hitting 80 today in Seattle, not much is going on. As The Stranger used to put it in their weekly wrap-up, Nothing Happened Today. Or did it? You tell me.

In the interim, or before anything else hits the fan, I had the ScoTri Long Course Triathlon on the RCV time line, and decided to have a little fun with it and test Einstein's (special) relativity theory (as it relates to standard verbal encouragement, marshmallow delayed gratification and the walk-run marathon training protocol).

We concluded that the 37 miles of The ScoTri is best viewed in 86 seconds (average attention span of triathletes) at 1,548.837 mph (well under the 670,616,629.4 mph of the speed of light) and with the reward of a 10K run afterwards. The formula then: Bike Split= txd/CT. Or, time times distance divided by hours spent on your CompuTrainer. Try it and see for yourself Einstein.

9 comments:

ej said...

I need to review this later and get back to you.

KML5 said...

There is no instant replay in time travel, better hurry.

le said...

I am once again humbled and realize how much work I have to do to become a real triathlete: as of now, my attention span only lasts about 22 seconds.

KML5 said...

22 seconds is GOOD for a sprint tri, wait till you dial it up to Ironman distance, then it REALLY gets challenging. And as a footnote, I would rather have 22 of high intensity focus, than 44 MOR mindlessness.

ej said...

I'm thinking I should golf this summer. low impact, nice green grass, beverage carts...

KML5 said...

With all due respect to Warren Zevon, "I'll Golf when I'm Dead".

(which I'm sure would improve my game)

ej said...

I wonder what Warren's handicap is now.

KML5 said...

Too funny! Ya suppose Heaven is a place where there are no guns, lawyers or money????

ej said...

Yeah, Dad get me out of this...