Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Juice

"We need to offer education, accountability, and support that matches their (not our) specific needs. Our focus should be to provide an educating, motivating, and enriching environment that creates a positive experience with physical fitness and wellness. The clients that want more will seek and do more. The ones that don’t will still make a marked positive change in their lives and avoid succumbing to the masses of diseased and defeated Americans. Either way, neither we nor our clients can lose." Functional Strength Coach3.com


The irony is not lost upon me. Today we have no power after last night's wind took down a 200 year old fir tree like it was a toothpick, placing it on the street along with the severed main power lines. I heard the transformer pop at 0202 and then laid wide awake listening to the subsequent winds clean up the forest from the top down. We have a power outage. No juice. Back to the Stone Age. Which has always been OK in my log. I like the simplicity of the fire, cold water from our community well and the silence of the clear, crisp winter air.


Except that it makes it tough to blog, research and edit video. So I sit downtown at the Madison Diner with an endless cuppa Joe and my iBook, after another rockin' 60 minute session at the HoM.


I have been thinking a lot of late about business. How to take the current mashup of indoor cycling, video, training partnerships, web ops and available technologies to, pardon the cliche, the next level. As in the generation of cash. And not because I am greedy, but because I am hungry. The, shall we say, state of the union, has created an interesting challenge. I have financial obligations. I have debt, not a lot mind you, but enough to keep me on my toes. This power outage, a temporary and fleeting test of our ability to deal with change, is a timely opportunity for me to take a walk, refresh the creative batteries and come up with something. Maybe even re-invent myself as a job creator. Whoa!!!!


I am most grateful that in spite of the economy, the loss of electricity and the current state of my affairs, I can still maintain a focus on my overall plans, goals and dreams. Despite all of the above I can keep my mind, my body and my spirit tuned, toned and true. I don't need money to run in the park. I have a library of unread books, and meditation is only a zafu away.


As I search the cosmos for inspiration today I will use the marvelous thought of making a marked and positive change in peoples lives at the front of my walking meditation.


There is plenty of power in that.


Pic: When things get tough, I think of a Kona sunset in October.

No comments: