Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stay Dry

It is not only Thanksgiving week, but also Apple Cup week and Seattle Marathon (and Half) week. WOW. We had a nice little rainfall last night with the official overnight count finishing as a four bucket squall. Not bad, but but a record either. By my calculations it would have to rain like that for 40 days and 40 nights to flood the cabin up to the loft, so I am safe and dry, for now, thanks for asking. I am sure that my Holiday guests who start arriving today, will appreciate my sense of humor as we collect rainwater via my intricate indoor guttering system. I am sure that it suggests something subliminally subversive about my character quirks that I would choose to build a new deck and pizza oven instead of fixing the roof, but I don't care. I would rather run than roof, spin than shim, ride than side and race than case. Simple, really. There are only so many hours in each day, and my health and fitness is more important to me than the stack of sticks in which I hang my caps. As an editorial footnote, I suppose it isn't a secret that I live alone. I mean, really could you imagine?


Honey, the roof is leaking again.

Yeah?

Maybe you could, like, fix it.

I can't find where it is getting in, and we have a recovery run scheduled in twenty minutes, so maybe in the spring when it stops raining.

You said that last year.

Yeah, well.

Maybe another tarp?

Have you checked out tarp prices lately, they are through the, ahem, roof.

You have a plan then?

A couple more buckets outta do for now. You like the white ones from Ace or the orange from Home Depot?

White.

You got it, thanks for your decorating imput darling.

Don't mention it, go run.


And speaking of running……..Following is our Thanksgiving/Apple Cup/Marathon (Half) sometimes irreverent, sometimes serious look at running shoe commercials. Please be advised that the K-Swiss spot, although hilarious, is rated R. All others you can watch with your Keds, er KIds.


Sacony

Nike

Addidas

Ascis

New Balance

Mizuno

Vibram Five Fingers

K-Swiss


Have a great day gang, stay dry.


Pic is from out on the Queen K in Kona. Ya wanna be a runner or a roofer?

7 comments:

Stephanie Rohl said...

You have such a twisted/great sense of humor! Stay dry and warm.

KML5 said...

If I couldn't laugh I would certainly weep! Much prefer to fill the buckets with tears of laughter. Is it Spring yet?

ej said...

oh yeah, really looking forward to the apple cup. i can hardly wait.

ej said...

that is hilarious, don't fix the roof go run. in your dreams. that k-swiss commercial is pretty funny; the kenny powers character does this hbo show called Eastbound and Down and he plays a former major league pitcher who moves/lives in Mexico. Same deal. i like when he looks at the stuffed lion, 'hows it going dog, killed ya' and when Mark Cuban says, 'i'm thinking...i'm thinking your stupid kenny'.

KML5 said...

I liked the call to Michael Bay too. Did you see the Ascics spot with the Lion? "I don't have to be faster than the lion, just faster than YOU." Classic. Nice double yesterday, the gals were back this morning for the triple!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving

ej said...

again, whoosed out but then felt horrible this morning. i am on it though soon. as in tomorrow. no coulda been a contender for me

KML5 said...

Listen to your body, then break the code!!!