Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mighty Mito

Being this the way it is supposed to be, college football starting at 12:30, I am late in posting. Sorry. GREAT session this morning in the re-vamped, rejuvenated and re-configured House of Mirth. Are there any naysayers out there that still want to debate the power of change?


TOUCHDOWN HUSKIES!!!!


Accordingly, I fully plan on change implementation with my ramp up schedule next week as we move towards the taper for the Seattle Half. This is how it will work:


Instead of the traditional taper, resting up to the event, further review indicates that there are alternative options available. They might not be for everyone. So we'll test.


td Beaves (here we go again)


Due to the important part mitochondria play in powering our muscle cells, a final high-intensity run just prior to the main event primes the pump and prepares the motor for its task at hand. Make sense? As much practice, and some success, as I have had over the years with tapering, this new concept has my interest, and at the cellular level. Further, as your humble guinea pig, I am willing to test this theory out and see how she flies. I will file a report on its merit. Or whatever happens out there in the jungle.


td Beaves (this could get ugly)


The variable is in the race readiness of my left knee. It responded well this week, but that was negotiating only the non-trauma motion of 11 spins. I won't know till our final race-tempo 10 miler tomorrow how it will respond under load. I will report back on that as well ('cause I am sure you are holding your breath).


It's a beautiful crisp day in the Northwest, I would really like to get out and get in a 5K recovery run. I would also like the Huskies to play some defense.


Have a great fall afternoon my friends. I'll report back with the intel.


TOUCHDOWN HUSKIES (we are tied)


Pic: Oh yeah, and let's get out of the jungle Seal style. Tears of the Sun shows us how.


2 comments:

ej said...

this ramping up before the race is for young athletes not plus 50 year olds.

KML5 said...

We shall see.