Tuesday, November 29, 2011

ONCE

Every once in a while I feel the need to vent. Things just get so balled up that I gotta scream. Or worse. To a great degree this is one of the many reasons why I ride and run, the management of accumulated stress. The physical release and continuous movement provides a wonderful outlet for anxieties of many types, on several levels. I seem to recall Forrest Gump being a pioneer in this area. Here are a few things, all recently visited, that get me out the door and down the road:


Hypocrisy. Nothing exemplifies this more than US politics.

Slime: Hypocrisy mixed with greed.

Greed: Slime mixed with money.

Money: Or lack thereof. What it can buy and what it can't.

Safety: The illusion of thinking money is the answer.

Security: The illusion of safety.

Pretentiousness: The thinking that we can't see past the outer layer.

Lying: Not as in resting horizontally, but as passing off opinion as fact.

Spin: Passing bias as truth.

CYA: Justifying something stupid and wasteful as green and helpful.

War: The fight for democracy. Right.

Entry fees: Makes me want to scream, or worse.


I am so happy that I have the opportunity to exercise my freedoms in a positive and supporting environment with like minded others from whom I draw continual inspiration. I truly believe that one's search for happiness and purpose begins and ends here. Stay fit and in optimum working order, manage stress, help others. How can that do anything but put a smile on your face and a song in your heart?


If that doesn't up your daily happiness quotient, you may punch a hole in the wall.


ONCE.


Pix: Hole in wall. Forrest on the go (with nice form)


2 comments:

ej said...

i have some real estate to sell you in florida

KML5 said...

Not a Florida fan, but thanks anyway.