Thursday, November 18, 2010

UW, UCLA and IM



A bit rushed today. BIG GAME is tonight. Way back in August when I bought the three tickets for tonight's matchup between the University of Washington and UCLA, this was supposed to be a game with huge meaning. Jake and the Heisman, the return of the Dawgs, ESPN national TV, Senior Day, Jake's final home game.

Very little of that materialized. Still, my one trip per year to Husky Stadium and the electricity that only College Football can generate is something that I look foreword to every year. And tonight's the night!

Because of the above mentioned side notes, or perhaps in spite of them, I will present my (extremely homer-esque and biased) prediction for the game.

Huskies in all black for the first time in their 100+ year history, come together with shocking camaraderie and precision, swarming the stunned and slip-sliding Bruin offense like a frenzied pack of rabid canines consumed with victory amid the smell of bear blood. (While the workman-like offense grinds out 500 ground yards allowing the special teams to relax and have some head-hunting fun).

Dawgs 37, UCLA 17

ESPN 5pm Pacific.

I got to get in a run first, so wish us luck. WOOF!

Photo of the new CompuTrainer Multi-Rider faculty being built at the K-Swiss center in Westlake Village, CA (home of Husky freshman QB Nick Montana). The mural is of the IM start in Kona and if you blow up the image 10000% I am there on the pier with my camera. In 2012 I hope to be there with my goggles. Thanks to Scott Davis for the photo, of and on which there will be much more in the upcoming months.

No comments: