Friday, November 26, 2010

Corn, Snow and Mazatlan



“We have a health care system that doesn't care about food, and a food system that doesn't care about health.”

If you are interested in either of those subjects, this is a good read.

And so much for my attempt at diversion through subterfuge and miss-direct. I have not posted since Monday, the longest stretch of nothingness since the RCVman blog was launched way (WAY) back in 2008. Almost 950 posts ago. And I have an excuse. Kinda.

It snowed, was cold, and I lost power, still have no water, and without juice this blogging stuff is hard to do. Not impossible, just hard. And since I was thusly tasked with tending to stuck relatives and neighbors (mostly because I have the only 4-wheel drive of the aforementioned demographic) I was going at break-neck speed for three days, in the dark. I even missed three workout sessions!!!

And now with that storm in the books, we are trying to get back to homeostasis. The clean up has begun.

The Mexico cruise is a week away. Lot's still to do. Tomorrow we spin for 90. I am heading into Seattle in an hour to register for Sunday's Seattle half. All this trusting that the follow on storm will stay in Alaska or BC long enough to let me get pipes thawed, bags packed and races run.

If you don't hear from me, you'll know why.

Stay warm friends.

My bike thinking Mexico for a week is a good idea. Corn.

No comments: