Saturday, November 27, 2010

DEC 19


These folks are on a mission. Not to get fit(er) fast(er) strong(er) or slim(er). They are on a mission to help our community, and by default, yours too.

On Sunday, December 19, 2010, we (those pictured) and as many others as we can assemble will spin indoors for 10 hours. At the Bainbridge Athletic Club's new (and swanky) Gym.

TEN.

To raise some operating capitol for the local Boys & Girls Club. And more specificially to establish a cycling program that will allow as many of their/our 250 kids as possible to get started on managing their own health, fitness and life goals.

I love doing this every year, because someone did it for me almost 50 years ago and I wish that person was still around for me to thank. He is not. But we are. And we will pay it forward on the 19th, from 7am to 5pm.

Cost to join all this indoor cycling community fun is $100. You can ride whatever trainer is your go-to-ride, mine is the CompuTrainer, or you can use one of our LeMond Revmasters. I will be VJing the event, with video, film, music and whatever else I can come up with to make the time pass. I promise that I will not sing or dace. That would be adding insult to injury in a hurry.

I need to hustle over to Dad's to thaw his pipes, so please for now, just circle this date and commit to the cause. I will be back later to add links and details. Please tell your friends as well.

It will be fun, trust me.

No comments: