Sunday, November 28, 2010

2 of 3 (4)



Here is a great link to (yet another) article on the secret of happiness. It is a video presentation by Dan Buettner, with his research indicating that there are 5 basic commonalities that people who live healthy, happy and long, share. They are:

Movement
Relaxation
Connection with Nature
Wise food choices
Social connection

I think we nailed most of those this morning at the Seattle Marathon. Our group did the half on a cold, gray, but dry, last Thursday of November. I was using the 13.1 as a fitness gauge, and had pretty good steam until about mile 10, but at that point it was a cruise control 5K to the finish on the Astro turf of Memorial stadium where I did my best Mason Foster (pictured) imitation of celebrating the Husky victory over Cal, as well as my wimpy 1:42:15 half-mary. Two down, one to go lads.

Stephanie and Cynthia (pictured) huddle in the pre-race clothes drop area just before the start. I think both had excellent days, although I have yet to check the official results. I know they had fun. And THAT always makes an ordinary day (race, event, game) extraordinary.

Nice work Dawgs, way to go gals, and thanks for the vid Dan.

No comments: