Saturday, November 20, 2010

Te Amo Molto




You know I love you. Don't you? Why else would I do this? Money? Fame? Glory?
I do this because I love you. Resulting in the phenomenon that in some circles is known as life. I was fortunate long ago to put some atoms into motion that have manifested into today. I like what I do. I am happy in what I do and what I do makes me happy. Pretty simple, really. I have only one question to determine the value of almost anything: Will it make me happy? Will it serve my greater good and higher goals? Will I learn more, love more, give more, smile more?

The hell with anything that won't.

After Wednesday's killer HIT session, for a handful of reasons, I took two days off. Meaning, that for this mornings 90 minute session I was particularly antsy. More like rearing to go. Nothing like a 48 hour axe sharpening session before taking down that poplar.

And while it is my nature to talk, today it was more fire and brimstone. More Southern Baptist than Sermon on the Mount. I was trying once again to share all the good stuff I have learned along the way in order to get closer to it. IT? What is it? What it are you talking about now?

It. The transition of suffering to joy, pain to mirth. Work, effort, focus. Cause and effect. Value. Reward. Attitude. Endurance. Skill and strength. Form and function. Style and substance. Body, mind and spirit. All at 100%. Or was it 105% today?High Voltage. Start to finish. Complete. One.

You know I love you. Now you know (partially) why. This life thing. Big Wow.

Ran across these two uber inspiring vids today. Listen closely to the words and images that Dr. Schocken uses to illustrate his work. And then watch closely as Jesse Schell talks about the future. Great stuff folks. Thanks for putting up with my BS. I love you.

No comments: