Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not the Biggest




The New York City Triathlon is big. Like they are fond of saying here, "Hey, it's New York.", like that somehow satisfies all questions or comments. It is a race on a grand scale, although 'only' the Olympic distance. I fully plan on providing the VBA with plenty more column inches of commentary once we get home, decompress and start the download. Until then, here are few images from this mornings event.

Not to be outdone, Mellow Johnny did us all proud with a stunning 3rd place finish in this year's TdF. I am very proud of his effort, and when I saw this comment in this mornings Seattle Times, I almost screamed out loud (I was on a train headed for Newark out of Penn Station). This sums it up folks. And I expect every man, woman, child, athlete, longshoreman, librarian, student, dentist, felon, politician (is that a redundant?), sinner and saint withing the reading distance of this blog (go to work VBA) to HEAR WHAT HE JUST SAID!

Because by comparison it makes the NYC Tri look very small. Here is his quote:

"I'm realistic, I did everything I could," Armstrong said before the final stage. "For me, and even more for my kids, it's probably a healthy thing for them to see, because they saw their dad that never lost, and the kids in their class (say) 'your dad never loses,' so it's good for them to see dad get third and still be cool with that and still be happy."

Here is the rest of the story: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2009541946_apcyctourdefrance.html

That's Big.

No comments: