Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 8.133 is Non-Negotiable

There are few things that are non-negotiable.

Not to worry, I am not using this as an opening segue for another 24 review.

We all know that we (The US) do not negotiate with terrorists.

That being confessed, here are my top three, interestingly enough, one from each of the big three category.

Mind. Body, Spirit.

I will use my mind every day in some creative way. I will write, I will manipulate media and I will read. This is not negotiable.

I will exercise. Usually twice but often three times per day. This, perhaps above all, is not negotiable.

I will meditate. I will be grateful for what I have and love what I do. I will stay present for as long as possible and try (really try) to lose what remains of my egotistical clinging and attachment to outdated paradigms. This is non negotiable, unless it becomes a natural progression towards enlightenment to lose this attachment too.

This is where the paradox lives. Is it vandalism to tag a wall with loving graffiti?

I shouldn't have to negotiate this. It is mine by birth. I saw a quote the other day that made me laugh, 'We are all born ignorant - but one must work hard to remain stupid'. The journey is the goal. We are here to do, to err, to experience and to grow.  I think it is important that we find some happiness and joy as that process unfolds.

Sadly, there is a huge percentage of our current population that have forgotten how to move. Economics aside, the dynamic diet & exercise duo can overcome a lot of other maladies. This is your body. You get one. Take care of it. Nurture it. Use it. Go ahead - overuse it. Let it rest and recover and get back at it.

I have no idea why we shy from acknowledgement of the importance that the soul plays in this miraculous mayhem. Possible because of the religious connotations. Maybe it is because no one is really an expert and that only way we are going to find out who is right is to die. How sad to face the fact that when we die it might be too late. That is then.

What is now is awareness. Your ability to stay focused and balanced. To recognize that perfection is not the goal. To be happy. To be peaceful. To help others.

Everything else will take care of itself. How could it not?

I find comfort in the fact that I will not negotiate with anyone attempting to change my approach.

Time to go for a run.

No comments: