Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Heed the Call


Then something happens, or a series of things happen, and it’s 30 years later and he asks himself if he is happy, if he has done the right things, and realizes that his life has been rich because he heeded the calls when they came, and he resisted easy belief. He sacrificed some things. He parted tragically with his home. He left many things behind but he heeded the call.

Three items this Tuesday morning just prior to heading back to the BAC for another Training by Power session. Yesterday was a tough one, long and demanding. I got in three workouts and this morning my lower back is barking. I should rest, but if there is a seat open I will slug out another 2x20 session and push the overload another day. I am not ready to throw in the towel. I may be tired, beat-up and bruised, but I am not beaten. There are some bent parts, but no broken ones. I recognize that to get out of this tunnel and back into the light I must endure. I must fight. I must get off the canvass, balance and re-affix my gaze on the face of fear. That is who I fight. That is the call I hear. Fight the easy belief. 
First item is a feel good-piece about a handful of guys who answered their calls, going from sedentary to super-fit. I find these stories extremely motivational. Read here.
Second piece is a very crisp bit of writing, sampled above, that I want to share for both its content and its style. It is about us. About the call. About meaning and about life. Find it here.
Thirdly, and lastly today is the link to the Arms Around Bainbridge FB site where info on our Thursday night Video-Spins can be found. Here is the synopsis:
Feb 7 - March 28, 1800-1900, for eight weeks. Cost is $150 with all proceeds going to AAB for their local humanitarian efforts. That translates into us helping our neighbors by getting healthier. You spin, burn calories and have productive Thursday night fun as we raise cash for others in their time of need. 
All for today. Inspiration, introspection and a call to action.
He left many things behind but he heeded the call. I like that. 

2 comments:

Rob L said...

Thanks Kevin! Great advice in the Salon advice column. Thanks for recommending.

KML5 said...

Prego. I thought it was a great piece. If I could pen one sentence as he, maybe we would get more page views!!! Great work this morning.