Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nail On


At the finish line of Saturday's 10.6 mile TT. (click to expand oval)


Working on the video, and so far I like what we were able to capture.


Got some good R&D test news from DC this morning meaning big buzz is sure to follow. We're talking about cool rides on the big screen.


Putting together tomorrow's all-country set list, pretty much ye-haw the entire long, hard ride.


The Kestrel frame was discovered to have two hairline cracks on both chain stays. The seller says, Don't Worry, the Manufacturers Rep says Don't Worry, but my mechanic says "You plan on riding this hard?"


Well, yeah.


I assume full, total and complete responsibility for the amount of torque I place upon the graphite-carbon frame. If I snap that puppy like a dry strand of cappellini, se la vie. If I do it in the middle of an important race, I promise to generate but a single nano-second's worth of super-human ire in one vulgar breath, then let it go and move along. Sometimes ya gotta take a little risk and we have come too far to turn back now. (wonder how many more pop lyrics I can jam into the closing sentence?)


Nice power yoga this morning. My right elbow feels like somebody shot a rusty arrow through from close proximity. We're talking about inflammation and pain that makes the left hammy feel almost normal. Quite sure it's from all this mouse clicking. Or it could be age.


As a result of the right's plight, there are a couple of things I need to improve upon using my left arm. Hammering is one, and it is that time of day. The deck, with Italian pizza oven, beckons. Nail on my brothers and sisters. We are the builders of eternity.

4 comments:

FW said...

Double duct tape those hairlines. And wrap in fresh carbon fibre.

KML5 said...

Like everything else I own (wrapped in duct tape). After I made the decision to finish the build I got an e-mail from Calfee saying they charge ONLY $50 for an inspection and analysis. I would have done it but Tom is now 95% done and I really like the way it is coming along (hence the Father's Day gig). I still might wrap it though.

ej said...

put it under a flame, the fire will fuse it

KML5 said...

Is why I like my fixie so much....