Friday, June 17, 2011

Dr. WU

Are ya with me Doctor WU?


Seems research now validates what we have been pondering all along: Warm up (WU) to shake the cobwebs, loosen the joints, raise body temps, relax, and then GET AFTER IT!


I have always questioned the legitimacy of warming up for an Ironman. I mean, really, you have 2.4 miles to swim as a WU, or 112 miles on the bike to WU for the marathon. If you can't get loose over that period of time, perhaps jousting is more suited to your athletic talents. I reference the classic Medieval "sport" because one of the Dr. WU decodings uses Arthur, Lancelot and Guinevere as a possible meaning behind Donald Fagan's classic Steely Dan tune of the same name.


So when you have someone say, WU for fifteen minutes, and then…..

Cut it to five, MAX. Get loose, get warm, get focused, get hydrated, get ready, and go.


Are ya with me Doctor?

No comments: