Sunday, March 15, 2009

Minus the Bugs

Here is a video composite of my last few days. On Thursday night I flew to San Francisco (via the very cool Virgin America), drove to San Jose (did you know that you can't buy beer at 7-11 after Midnight now?), rose at 5 (inhaled a French Slam at Denny's) then motored down 101 to King City in my free upgrade Town & Country Chrysler Mini, to be at the top of the infamous Nasty Grade at 9am. The fog lifted on schedule and I (re) shot the last 15 miles of the Wildflower bike course. This to be inserted into the 56 miles we shot on race day last May. Here is your sample, along with the musical accompaniment from Brian Wilson multi-tracking Pet Sounds. After the shoot I got in a killer trail run in the deserted park, took a nap in the sun (thinking I might even get a tan), drove back to SFO, flew home, caught the 12:15 boat to the island, spun at 7am with very sore quads from the run, downloaded the video and promptly hit the wall and went upstairs for a nap.



It is Sunday morning, snowing again and I am working the Ironman Wisconsin RCV as well as assembling the aforementioned Wildflower course. Some random thoughts from the last three days, however, before I build another pot of coffee get back to work:

AIG arguing for their slime is almost as low as you can get. Almost.
WMG has now muted almost half of my videos. It is now officially a boycott.
Sir Richard Branson understands how big the little stuff really is.
There are more baby strollers in Salinas than bikes.
It's colitas, not carnitas, silly.
I had my camera tested for explosive residue in SF. I know it's a Canon, but......
Appaloosa by Ed Harris, is very flawed, and very good.
Mamma Mia is very flawed and horrible.
The Deal (WH Macy and Meg Ryan) is about flaws, and mirrors us being us. (hairs in the gate).
There is no need to be rude, assbite.
Congrats to Husky Men for winning PAC10 hoops. Can football be next?
I have a lot of work to do, so
Via con Dios amigos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice film. CA sure is great.

I agree on those movies. Had high expectations for Mamma Mia as everyone seemed to love it and then I fell asleep.

I have a friend in MN who runs a riding stable and buys horses across the West. I mentioned the Palouse area of WA to him as he grew up on a farm. In response, he told me the following which I had never connected: 'Appaloosa' horses were bred specifically for their color traits by the Nez Perce Indian tribe from eastern Idaho - western Washington area. When white men acquired them and were asked where they got the horses they said 'from the Palouse valley'. Pretty soon when someone asked what type of horse they had they replied "a palousey", which after time became known as Appaloosa ( a palouse ).

KML5 said...

Hey, thanks ej. In reference to my video (there not really films) I'll take "nice" any day of the week. I can't honestly say just how bad Momma Mia was because I turned it off in disgust ten minutes in, something I rarely do because after all, I am a student of the game, but I just couldn't take the schmaltz another frame. I will most likely get flamed for this as it is like panning a book after the first chapter, but....If not for moments of extraordinary brilliance the same thing would have happened with "Across the Universe". Maybe it's musicals, dunno. Westerns, however, get my attention, as most of the time the fat hits the shan PDQ (thank you Mr. Winchester) Great story on the Appys, thanks.

KML5 said...

Please substitute they're for there when reading my reference to film versus video. Thank you. Ed.