Thursday, May 1, 2008

Roseburg May

Morning Gang. A foggy, quiet, silver first of May morning in Roseburg, Oregon. Kurt and I are en route to Lake San Antonio for Wildflower. Got in about 7 hours of I-5n and pulled into an Applebees for some grub and never left town, opting for a last good night's rest at the Sleep Inn before hitting the tent and bags for three days of camping. In case you don't know Applebees is cool as a casual watering hole, but horrible as a place to eat healthy food. I have the spinach and artichoke dip every time and it is about 99% fat and 1% other. We have 650 miles to go and all day to do it in, so I might be able to get some pix. The plan is to stop for provisions in Salinas, so I will try to do a report from there, becaue the last time I was down for WF, there was still no cell reception out there in the triathlon boonies. So I'm gonna be out of touch for a spell folks. Sorry, but, them's the fax. Would really like to take this singular opportunity to say HAPPY MAY DAY. At last, it has been a long winter, and we can start to think about long outdoor rides, runs in the sun and flowers stretching towards the sun. Shine on.

No comments: