Tuesday, May 13, 2008

In the Park




Took another trip across the street to the park today on my fixie. Yes sports fans I am getting stronger by the day. It wasn't so much to be fast, it was more just to take in huge lung fulls of crisp spring air and take a look at all the changes brought about by sun, rain and time. I also wanted to look at the two marimbas in the kids playground because I have wanted to record them for years now and this morning took two more giant steps to seeing that thru. I ordered a pair of mallets from Musicians Friend (come to find out that 21" medium-hard rattan in navy blue suited my tastes, needs and budget), and have the new Zoom H2 4 channel portable recorder set with a 4GB SD card. There are no more excuses as we say. And as I am now rendering both the Wildflower long and short courses and plan on downloading the race highlights tomorrow, by Friday I just might have some scoring material to augment. I know that you are on the edge of your chair in anticipation of this monumental mix of triathlon footage and alternative fusion world percussion. I am hearing something like Chariots of Fire meets the Rhythm Devils at Woodstock (for martinis). Or not. Might even have a twinge of Ennio Morricone for you G, B & U fans (like me). So You, as I, will just have to wait and see what emerges from the bubbling cauldron of sampled media collected on the tireless trail (where quite a few of the 10,000 things are found) of the RCVman. God, did I say Friday, now it has to be "good" with an introduction like that. And as the pewter bullfrog and nesting bald eagle atop the cell tower as my witnesses, you have my solemn vow that my best effort will be a major component in its creation. Maybe I should go to the park more often.

No comments: