Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Square

My brother calls last night as I am in deep relaxation mode listening to some vintage Eagles (Best of My Love from On the Border). He is in the midst of one of his daily brainstorms and this one is about a new T-Shirt idea he has concocted. He says that it is now cool to be square. As in geek square. Cool now means no drugs, no cheap Tokay, no slackin, no irresponsibility, no riots, revolutions or revolts, no "statements", no weird clothes or fashion styles, no free love (stds) and none of that hippy shit or punk crap. It is just cool to do what you do, do it well, and not to worry about what the "cool" people think (because they're not cool anymore). So, he explains, Square is the new cool.

He says, "waddya think?"

That's cool.

No really.

I think it's cool. It always has been.

Do you think we could sell some T-shirts?

A few.

How much would it cost?

Depends on how many. (it was a lonely night)

How many can you sell?

I am a distributor now? (and I would be alright if I could go on dreaming, but every mornin')

No you are consultant.

Am I on the payroll? (I wake up and wonder, what's gonna happen today)

Yes, as of right now.

What is the pay? (you see it your way and I see it mine)

You get a free t-shirt.

Cool.

Square.

Got it. (but we both see it slippin' away)

No comments: