Friday, May 30, 2008

Boise





Boise, The City of Trees. Been a long time since my last visit. Like 18 years. Lot's of changes, growth, sprawl. Happens even to the best of 'em. I like the high desert, the feel of this college town. Got here in time to settle in to the Grove Hotel (no WIFI and parking is $4.95.day for GUESTS!!!!), but one of themost comfortable beds I have ever slept upon, so I will find the brand upon my return this morning, as I am blogging from Tully's where the WIFI is free (and the coffee is hot). Had dinner last night at the Spaghetti Factory then went to see Indy Jones and the Crystal Skull. One out of two ain't bad. God, if two of the best filmmakers on this planet can team up to create trash of this magnitude, maybe it's time I got off the RCV trail and head back to Hollywood. My biggest choice during the two hours of suffering was whether to A) Leave, or B) Fall asleep. Poor Indy. However, right across the street Blade Runner is playing this afternooon at 4. The Ridley Scott cut in 70mm. Now THAT is a track you can run your Harrison Ford!!!!! Off to meet the race staff and get set for Sunday. Did I say I like this town?

Lot's of bikes in Boise. The Capitol (under construction). I love street art and big murals. Hotel art (it's good in the room too).

No comments: