Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Department of






Got some catching up to do. A week in California will do that to ya. Thankfully we have some time between now and the next event in Boise, ID on June 1, so I am planning on following this departmental schedule in ramping it up:

Health Dept: (DoH) As you will recall, I brought back a nasty virus from Australia. That was a month ago and it hasn't gone away. I think it is squatting. Experts and concerned individuals have suggested that it is now, officially, bronchitis and that I am a fool for not having gone to the doctor for antibiotics sooner. I reply that I indeed may be a fool, but a fool who fights the battle of hypocrisy on a daily basis. I believe in alternative healing, I believe that our bodies can, and will, heal themselves given clean water, fresh air, nutritional quality and time to rest and recover. So in the big picture, what is 30 days? Am I going to go running to Big Pharma and beg for pills to cure my cough, when at all other times I berate and lambaste them for profiteering, price fixing and corruption? See my fix? So I will sweat it out and allow time to heal this wound as it has with so many others. And then....
Link
Fitness Dept: (DoF) I will get my sorry ass back out on the track and start to run again, orthodicless and slowly, enjoying each and every foot strike, in the sun, singing my happy running songs. I will also re-set my trusty CompuTrainer so that I can multi-task video editing as I spin away my blues. Oh, and I will also get back to the pool every once in a while to prove to myself that I can do 1500 meters in less than a week.

RCV Dept: (RCV) With three RCVs available at CompuTrainer, and Louisville launching this week, we are slowly gaining momentum. The comments at Wildflower were 100% positive and as I told Chuck last night, no one said boo about the price. I am putting the finishing touches on OZ, with St, Anthony's on deck and Wildflower (both courses) in the hole. As St.A's is rendering (a week) I will build the trailers for St. A's and WF. That will be fun and is always a delight for me. It's pizzazzz, dig?

Cabin Dept: (DoH) Need to get started (again) on the building project. This year it's three phases: Roof, kitchen and shed. Getting those three done before Kona in October will make me one happy kahuna.

Mind Dept. (DoI) I want to continue to improve all phases of the editing process, use of the HD Cam and web building. Remember folks, that one of the tangent projects to the RCV main course is the "making of" video. As long as I can stay ahead of Roger's encoding and post production work, I might be able to get started. So far I am ahead almost a dozen RCVs. But the big months of one shoot every week are looming, so this might be a project for next year. Still the footage is captured.

Spirit Dept: (DoZ) Meditate more, more regularly and more fervently. Be more thankful. Be more positive, share more with others. And figure this "relationship" thing out. It is spiritual not physical.

Money Dept: (DoF) Take advance steps to ensure that 2009 returns include some consideration to RCV revenue and royalties. Otherwise you might be contributing to the ear-mark of THEIR choice. Not good.

Eyerthing else Dept: (DoTTT) Yes, that's right the Department of the Ten Thousand Things. Be mindful of them all, and all the time. Dial it up. Understand the connection of action to response, doings and consequences, NOT doings and ramifications. It is all connected. Dude. And you can start tomorrow. Or right now. Start Now.

I smile like a rainbow. Or see Shasta peering over Kurts touchdown signal. It is good to be alive (and in the end-zone). Even with bronchitis. He said with a wheeze.

No comments: