Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pain & Gain



We can honor a painful experience by marking it in some way, bringing ourselves into a more conscious relationship with it. We might mark it by creating a work of art, performing a ritual, or undertaking some other significant act. Sometimes all we need to do is light a candle in honor of what we’ve gone through and what we’ve learned. No matter how small the gesture, it will be big enough to mark the ways in which our pain has transformed us, and to remind us to recognize and value all that comes our way in this life. www.dailyom.com/articles/2008/13753.html

So there is pain today on several levels. I have physical pain as a result of the run yesterday and the additional stress put upon my respiratory system as a result. I am still hackin' up some terrific specimens and tried to sleep all night with a headache and lung irritation (to no avail). Then there is the deep inner pain as a response to my shortcomings on solving the RCV Canon focus issue (and no mater the degree of difficulty and the manufactures rep even saying this morning that there is nothing he can recommend other than buying a better rig with a bigger viewfinder), it troubles me completely. Big pain.

I suppose in the big picture this is small stuff. I am not in Burma, China or Gitmo. I can walk and talk and for the present, am employed. I have leftover lentil soup (with eggplant) from last night. I have books to read and projects to finish. There are a handful of people that love me. And I try to love them back. The sun is promising to shine today and I have dreams. So I put the ibuprofen back and save them for a time when I REALLY need them.

And the pain subsides. For now. Thank you pain for another reminder, see ya soon.

No comments: