Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Wall (with all due respect)



The Ten Suggestions

OK, we all know bout the commandments that were handed down on stone tablets well over two thousand years ago (620 BCE). Cool stuff, sure, helps all kind of folks seeking dogma, ritual, guilt and fear as ruling factors in their lives. Oh my, too harsh already? Better tune out now then cause it's gonna get worse (or better, depending on your current view). I humbly submit that they (we) are in dire need of an update for the times. Cut the Thou shalts and all the fear factoring, thou shalt NOT do this or that. Make it a touch more in touch. Dig? Maybe we'll (and we're all in this together) reach more people this way and make earth a little more tolerable on our way to heaven. All this despite the fact that the Buddhists get it closer to right when they say that THIS ALREADY IS heaven and all we have to do is to wake (TF) up and recognize it as such (silly humans). Regardless of your theology du jour, the Ten Suggestions, could go a long way towards solving many current socio-politico-economico-environmentico issues. Says I. So here they are: Please feel free to add as many to the list as you like. They are kinda like mosaic tiles, each one unique and beautiful, together a work of art.

1) I suggest that there is no one true religion, nor one supreme being. Rather a Great Spirit, going by many names.

2) I suggest that we practice a little more tolerance towards those that are still struggling with this concept, and attempt not to convert, control or kill them.

3) I suggest we don't kill ANYTHING.

4) I suggest that we don't littler, pollute, spoil, contaminate or damage our little orb of a planet.

5) I suggest that we attempt a quantum leap of global consciousness and understand that love means service, and henceforth start to serve mankind instead of exploiting it.

6) I suggest we not only honor our mothers and fathers but our bosses, bus drivers, bank tellers and buss boys as well.

7) I suggest that we keep holy EVERY FUCKING DAY OF THE WEEK.

8) I suggest that we use a little more tact and diplomacy when making suggestions (and drop a few less F Bombs along with all those "smart" drone bombs).

9) I suggest we redefine adultery. Really, it's just for adults?

10) I suggest that we, as a global tribe, try to find more common ground, appreciate, respect and celebrate our cultural differences, and, most, importantly, LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP.

OK, that's all the room we have on this wall today. Tomorrow's two tiles: Women and "Minorities". Oh my.

No comments: