Monday, April 5, 2010

A Few Days to Ponder






Back for a few days. New Orleans I is in the books. Or I might say one for the books. I have a legit ton of work to do before heading east on Thursday for the Tour Battenkill, so this one will be brief. Mostly a quirky pictorial of things that caught my eye while in the Crescent City (and swamps surrounding).

I am glad to be back. My own bed felt so good last night after ten hours of travel and the major part of two weeks on the road that I had trouble getting to sleep because it felt so supportive of my lower back, warm and cozy, safe and secure and representative of anther adventure completed. They call them round trips for a reason.

Even managed an ironic laugh when I realized that my MIA G3 laptop, faithful and fearless media road tool since Kona 2005, was retired (unceremoniously) as the iPad was (ceremoniously) released.

Maybe this whole thing is one big co-incidence. Or karma, or a brilliant marketing campaign by Steve Jobs. Mostly, I think, it's none-of-the-above.

Back for a few days to ponder.

Quirky NOLA pix. And please don't ask who dat.


A hint at the parking lot politics of CVS.
Mark installs one of ten Series K FloScans aboard the Harvey Spirit, 280 feet of Super Tug.
Oyster shucking tub outside my cabin in Galliano.
Sunrise behind shrimp trawlers on the Mississippi (a fun word to type btw)
The French Quarter, NOLA. Good food. Revelry welcome 24/7.

No comments: