Saturday, December 8, 2012

Back in Tucson

 Last time I was in Arizona was to film for the 2007 Ironman Arizona Real Course Video. At that time the camera mount and rig was heavy, cumbersome, obtrusive and required a two-person team, a driver and camera operator. I was the latter and hired the former. The course, by popular opinion and as proven by my trusty Garmin 305 is, as they say, flatter than a pancake.

Today, on the other hand, we go to the other extreme in filming the infamous climb to Mt. Lemmon, a few miles outside of Tucson. My rig today was carried aboard flight 2824 on my back, utilizes three cams, two forward and one rear, and allows single user operation. It also captures better images, cleaner, sharper and direct to disc.

All this meaning that you get product quicker, with less time consuming and costly post production and in higher resolution.

Today is December 8. I will have today's work (two files) to the home office on Monday. The idea is to get YOU the RCV in time to impact this training season. That means by the end of January.

And folks I want to tell you that there are good reasons why so many coaches choose this area for winter training camps. You will see a few of them tonight when I download media.

My hosts today are the fine folks at Grasky Endurance. Brain Grasky and teammates will lead us up the mountain and then back down again. We hope to get three separate stage shots over the 26 miles. The weather looks to be perfect, in the 70s with little wind.  All systems are go.

It is before 6 in the morning and I have to get to the meet point, rig the rental and establish a choreography. I think it is going to be a great day in the Saugaro National Park.

Yesterday was a travel day. Had my Mojo socks on during the two flights and mapped out shoot location over a couple of Negra Modelos, the first since Lanzarote, after arrival.

Shoot report later tonight. Have a good ride. Adios.

No comments: