Friday, December 28, 2012

Audacity & Vigor: Keep Climbing




With profound sadness he faced the reality.

What once was, is no more. 

Change takes place with relentless consistency.

You can deny, resist or pretend.

You can suffer, sob or sedate.

Nothing but acceptance and compassion will ease the pain,

of seeing loss as potential gain. 

The big date is at three days and counting. We are about to close the door on 2012 and set sail for the fair winds and following seas of 2013. Or maybe not. We may well see more hurricane carnage, more grotesque violence and the slaughter of innocents, more political hypocrisy, more examples of man's inhumanity to man, and more irreparable damage to our lakes, rivers, oceans, and their inhabitants. 

Reality can get messy. 

I have some options. There is choice. I have freedom of will. I can do what pleases me and provides value to others. I can embrace the alternative, check the none-of-the-above box and pledge allegiance to self. My freedom is tied to my cognitive ability to filter external stimuli with core beliefs. 

Meaning, I get to choose what path I will take to traverse the battlefield popularly known as Life as we know it. The modern age. Life in the fast lane. Here, now. Eve of 2013. 

Despite all the hurdles, land-mines, oppression, bigotry, angst, propaganda, scandal, misunderstandings, misinterpretations, misnomers and missed opportunities, I remain optimistic about the coming new year. 

Because i can. A fresh start. New vision. Clean slate. 

Because it is my choice and because I see challenge as a vital part of my soul's search for meaning. I will follow my heart like a gold miner follows a map. Like a hungry dog follows the scent of food. 

My soul finds meaning in my hearts search for expression. As manifest in the movement and motion of my body. THAT experience where I can connect them all, mind, body and spirit, together in a single focused, joyous act. 

That is me being me in the highest. And it means that I must continue to expand, grow and learn. That synergy is the challenge we can all create for ourselves in 2013. Today even. Now. Why wait? Mash them up. Improve the mind, strengthen the body and satisfy the soul. In real time. Together. 

Planning resolutely for 2013? Radical change perhaps? Continued progress? A little bit of this and a little bit of that? Everything all the time?

Yes. All of the above. Now. Today. Here. Keep climbing friends, keep climbing. 

"Plan with audacity and execute with vigor." Christian Nevell Bovee

No comments: