Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Understating

We're four days from the first day of Spring. To say I am ready would be an understatement of colossal proportions. We're we really in Mexico just four months ago?

Things change. Flowers return to life and skies lighten. Hope springs eternal. We will get outside and play very, very soon.

I am making some changes to the long neglected kitchen in the cabin. To be honest EVERYTHING in the cabin is long neglected, but we have to start somewhere. The plan is to maximize what limited and diffused sunlight we actually get into something productive. For growing things. Things to eat. The indoor greenhouse/outdoor hot box is under construction as seen in the photo. Work will continue between video renders and fartleks in the park until I can shop in my own produce department. I will keep you informed should we have a bumper crop or need additional motivational camaraderie. Heck, maybe one day we can finish up a run with a salad that can't get any more organic or local.

After another terrific massage and spinal adjustment I stopped by Bainbridge Gardens for some gardening inspiration. I was awed to note that they are celebrating 53 years of service to our community. Our prayers are with the Huori family and all our Japanese friends.

Lastly today, to everyone participating in Sunday's Mercer Island Half we wish you much success and the obtainment of your goals. I have already obtained mine and will be running to set a new PR in the happy division.

To say that I am ready would be yet another understatement.

No comments: