Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You Can't



The more they say you can't do it, the more determined you should be to prove them wrong. You are exactly as adaptable, flexible and capable as you believe yourself to be. If you buy, even a little, into others' beliefs that you're helpless, locked-down, or just too stubborn to change, you will quite easily make it so. Don't just ignore the naysayers. Mow them down with the sharp blades of your intellect, crush them with your will, bludgeon them with your sheer determination. Make them reluctant to ever doubt you again. Then, don't doubt yourself. Caeriel Crestin.

My horoscope from Sunday which I ripped out of the (free) Seattle Weekly on my way into town to buy my new (used) Specialized Mtn bike. We took it out for a muddy test spin yesterday between squalls to beta test the new camera apparatus to be used for X-Terra Tahoe, Leadville 100 and the big Lilihammer , Norway ride in August, which happens to be just a few days before my birthday. This to take the enormous success of the triathlon RCVs to the off-road community. I guess Virgos do that type of thing (even though they say we can't).

3 comments:

ej said...

The Norway deal will be very interesting. I went to Bergen once on the west coast in the fjord area and it was cool; not sure how close that is but a lot of mountain biking around there. That is one thing you get with the mt. bike that you don't so much with the road --lots of mud everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I completely love that quote. It's worth keeping on a wall somewhere.

KML5 said...

Eeeez a good one, yes.