Monday, January 25, 2010

Harpoon Brewery



The Harpoon Brewery has it going on this weekend. Their annual indoor TT competition will take place Sunday, meaning that if you are within 2,500 (or so) miles of The HB, you owe it to yersef to check it out. RCVman, in all honesty, can think of no better combination than a micro-brewery doubling as a multi-rider center. I mean really*. I also see that two Beantown CT sponsored athletes, Karen Smyers and Dede Greisbauer took the number 1&2 female spots last year. Cheers gals!

*The longstanding RCVman motto is "Will race for Guinness." Or in this case (!) HB.

You can find the fun here:

The Harpoon Brewery
306 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210

9 comments:

FW said...

I wonder if BAC would need a liquor license to host such an event?

KML5 said...

Dunno. Maybe in cahoots with Silver Star, Thomas Kemper or one of the wineries might cut the red tape. Sure looks like fun though.

ej said...

I belonged to a health club once with a full bar, full time so to speak. I would be willing to be the bar manager if Ted gets the license. I also want to hire the bar maids.

KML5 said...

To get the latter job you would first need to beat me in a 10K indoor TT. I will inquire with Ted about the former.

ej said...

Then its a deal old man.

KML5 said...

0530 tomorrow, house of pain, son.

ej said...

nice restraint pops.

KML5 said...

Merely accepting your generous offer at the earliest possible opportunity. Evidently while I am still able!

ej said...

You did not make me mad, but you haven't beaten me in a 10K TT yet (I'm thinking running on a track), oh presumtious one. IF we're talking running, then here is the challenge. 10K run and 100 yard run. If those are split, then table tennis for tie-break.