Monday, February 15, 2010

My, my, my, my Whoooo

Lost another one. Doug Fiegler, front-man for The Knack, author of one of our favorite spin songs, "My Sharona", died today of cancer at age 53. I distinctively remember hearing this song in 1979 on Southbound 405 heading from LAX to Fountain Valley (I was in the auto parts business at the time listening to KROQ during another boring commute), thinking, whoa, some good old fashioned rock 'n roll as a break between the disco drone, how refreshing. Thirty years later we dialed it to nine (intensity and volume) and grew increasingly appreciative of its raw and organic, (yet sophisticated and clever) use of speed, power and endurance (with hints of elderberry and sage).

I think my favorite quote from Doug was his take on regret (or-lack thereof). Check out the story and then watch this video. Obviously, Doug got it. Thanks man.

No comments: