Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Somewhere




Somewhere over the rainbows.

How hard is it to leave Hawaii, knowing full well what weather awaits in the Pacific Northwest? One would think that after a dozen October returns I would be acclimated to this seasonal occurrence. But no. Almost always make me sad.

Eight-five tropical degrees suites me. You can run in it, ride in it and swim in it. As well as pretty much anything else you can think of, in it. According to a couple of locals, real estate has taken a turn for the "right size" making it almost affordable. As in, almost do-able. Key word being almost.

Meaning that until that almost transitions to a phone call, it is a dream. One I don't mind dreaming about when the rains force us inside for training, when another log gets tossed on the fire, or when the cedar trees are dusted with snow. I could do part time, a 50/50 easily. Condo on Alii Dr. and the infamous Cabin in the Woods in the GPNW. October thru February here and March thru the run up to Ironman in Seattle (and all other RCV locations).

Dream on. Train on. Save a few more nickels. Fight the good fight. Enjoy the Ride. Keep the thoughts positive. Smile more, whine less. Bluebirds sing.

Got my ukelele last night. Can't wait to play in front of the fire with frosted windows.

"Why, oh why can't I?"

Parting shots: Simon and Lou Collins. Looking South from Hawi, the Queen K looms. Last sunset from Kona 2010. This is the new camera I want (NBC style). Mahalo.

3 comments:

ej said...

yes, soon that last glimmer of sunlight will force me back to the HOP.

KML5 said...

Since the last snow we have changed the House name. No longer 'of Pain', now "of Mirth'. We're ready when you are, sir.

ej said...

yes, HOMMMMMMM, has a certain sound to it.