Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Coffee Please

 325.

"That went well." We are leaving our appointment at the clinic, designed to follow up and add data to the progress of the experimental steroid on the regeneration of nerve fibbers on my right side. "But why didn't you tell me about the side effects?"

"Ah, because, I was, well, a little..," I stammer, wanting to avoid the analysis altogether.

"Embarrassed?" She correctly asks, turning right onto Ohio St.

"Way past embarrassed, closer to humiliated," I confess.

"You know, for a self-professed tough-guy you sure can be a wimp sometimes."

"Truly an amazing fact, I agree. Let's grab an espresso on the way back to the office, I am feeling lethargic. If you don't mind."

"Not so fast, first, from this point forward, as your heard Dr. Spelling suggest, any change to your stasis is to be reported to me and logged, including disfunction, erectile or otherwise, and we will try the onc-shot-per-week routine to insure compliance with the testing protocols. I will administer. Should you decide to accept this change in the terms and conditions of your neuro-biological therapy, you may have an espresso as reward," she teases.

"Where do I sign?"

"All kidding aside, this is our last chance to leverage the circumstance. Coupled with the success of our sabbatical in the forest, this medical technology might allow the emergence of an altogether new you. If you want to become a fire-breathing butterfly you need to morph, and rather quickly, from your current caterpillar state of being."

"I get it. I'm in, not to worry," I add in my own defense, "It may take a while for all this new and improved self-help, be here now, grasshopper coming and going Zen focus to manifest as the new me. Remember that we discussed the role that flow plays in all of this."

"I understand. But its my job to add another level of quality control to your transition, so let's keep that in mind as we navigate the mine-field, OK?"

"Roger."

"So how bad was it?"

"Like High School déja vu all over again. Coffee please, this fire-breathing butterfly runs on high octane."

No comments: